The Film Control Board is established under Section 3 of the Cinematographic Films Act, [Cap. 271]. The role of the film censors is to process and censor cinematographic films by giving appropriate ratings or classification. The principal role of the Film Control board is to hear and determine appeals from decisions of film censors.
The Film Control Board is appointed under the Act by the Attorney-General. The Board comprises a Chairman, four other members and a Secretary to the Board.
The following persons are the members of the Film Control Board:
- Chairperson - Mr Wing Kangwai
- Member - Mr Narendra Bhagwan
- Member - Mr Isikeli Nasoga
- Member - Mrs Elina Rokotuibau
- Secretary - Ms Mereoni Kalokalodrau
The appointment of Censors are made under section 8 of the Cinematographic Films Act, [Cap. 271]. The following persons are the members of the Film Censorship Board:
- Chief Censor - Mr Ravindra Lal
- Censor - Mrs Dhan Gauri Patel
- Censor - Ms Agatha Ferei
- Censor - Mr Mohammed Ismail
- Censor - Ms Mereseini Karikaritu
- Censor - Mr Dewan Chand
- Censor - Ms Margaret Elaisa